Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm back from my mini-blogging vacation!

I've been absent from blogging for a while, and I apologize!!!  I have been so busy with work, home, baking, and cheer that I haven't had much time for my beloved blog world.  I'm back though! 

A few updates on what I've been doing:

Cheer practices, a funeral, AND I bought an amazing book!


I've been baking like a crazy person!  I finished up Course 2 in my cake making class with a cute little basketweaved cake.  While I don't see myself basketweaving in the future, I'm happy to have learned.  Plus, that means I get to start my next class which is what I've been looking forward to!  FONDANT and GUM PASTE!  I'm excited!!!  The picture's kind of crappy...I had to use my phone.


And last, but certainly not least, we were wrapping up cheer season!  The girls had their last competition of the '09-'10 season and did a fantastic job!  I was a proud mommy, as always.  Now we get a bit of a breather, no more running 4 days a week to mandatory cheer practices!  The next 4 weeks are easy, they have optional clinics and practice times, and then they have try-outs for next season.  Our hope is that they will FINALLY get their back hand springs so they can move up a level, keep your fingers crossed!

I guess that about sums it up!  What have you been up to? 

4 comments:

  1. The cake is fun :) I did an evening course in sugarcraft a couple of years ago, it was great fun.

    Visiting to welcome you to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cake! FABULOUS!!!!

    And welcome to the SITS community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G-O- M-o-m! You sound like a wonderful, caring, supportive Mom. Who makes fabulous looking (and I'm sure tasting) cakes.

    Here from the SITS "Welcome Wagon". Thanks for joining our SITSerhood. I'm hosting two giveaways and I'm personally inviting you to come on over when you have a few minutes. Click "giveaways" on the top...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back from your Blogcation.

    Welcome to SITS. We're happy to have you.

    ReplyDelete