Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 3 of the NEW ME!

I'm wrapping up week three of the new Steph.  I haven't really conquered the resolution to scrapbook, or keep from procrastinating, or even eating healthier for that matter but I'm ROCKING at working out!  Earlier this week I RAN ON THE TREADMILL!  This may not sound like a huge accomplishment, but I'm telling you, this is HUGE for me.  I'm not a small girl.  I used to be, and on the inside I still am, but the Steph that everyone else sees is overweight.  I want the outside to match what I feel like on the inside.  Running will help that.  I have always been too insecure to try and run on the treadmill because I didn't want anyone to see any parts of my body jiggling.  I want to be a runner though.  How many times do you see an overweight runner?  Not often, if at all.  Running is one of those things that I've never been able to do.  Even when I was in the best shape of my life, I still couldn't run.  Now, before I get carried away, it's not like I ran for 30 minutes.  I ran for a few minutes, and then had issues with my pants and had to resume walking.  The fact remains however, that I RAN!  I didn't even think about the person behind me.  It never even occurred to me.  I will admit, part of the reason I wasn't thinking of the person behind me was because my pants were headed south and I was trying to keep them pulled up and run at the same time.  It doesn't really leave much time to overthink the situation.  I have now purchased better pants, and will resume running tomorrow when we hit the gym again.  Tonight was elipticals and horrible, horrible torture devices that they call weight machines. 

Watch out world, skinny Steph is coming back...one sit up at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment