Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My dear Mackenzie...


As sparked by my BFF Chelle's post, I feel inclined to write about my amazing, newly 9 year old daughter. 


Oh Mackenzie...where has the time gone?  The simple fact that you are now 9 years old amazes me.  It seems like it was just yesterday (yes, I did say that) that I was rushing into the OR to have you via emergency C-section.  You were coming into the world feet first, and have been running around ever since.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to have you in my life.  You're beautiful, inside and out, and even though I'm your mother and obviously biased, I know everyone else thinks so too.  I call you my love bug for a reason, you are the most loving person I know. 

With that being said...9?!?!?!?  Really!?!?!?!  Third grade has snuck up on me.  I can remember how excited I was for you to start preschool!  I was so excited to show everyone just how sweet and intelligent I already knew you were.  I cried like a baby on your first day (and coincidentally every first day of school since).  It killed me that you ran into the class and never looked back.  Not even to give me a hug!  You were the cutest kid in the class too (again, not that I'm biased) with your cute little jean skirt and huge book bag.  Everyone in the class was supposed to have a little canvas bag to carry.  You INSISTED on having a huge pink bookbag because it was SO much cooler than the canvas bag from Walmart.  I should have known then that you'd be my little fashionista.  It may not be pink bookbags and colored pencils anymore, but you are still a riot when it comes to knowing exactly what you want.  I love that you don't hesitate to wear something you saw on tv or in a magazine, even if no one else at school is wearing it, simply because you like it.  You're an individual, and I hope you stay that way forever.


You are everything to me, and even though I don't tell you enough...you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I love you so much honey and I'm so proud of the beautiful young lady you're turning into.  There is no doubt in my mind you can do anything you set your mind to, and I will support you regardless of what you choose to do. 

Let's just stay 9 though, okay...I am DEFINITELY not ready for double digits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment