Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year...New Resolutions

I love New Year's resolutions!  I love the thought of thinking ahead about all of the things you want to change about your life and actually doing something about it.  I have a very hectic life, sometimes too hectic, but having new goals for 2010 is something I was really looking forward to.  So here goes...my resolution list!

1.  I will start to manage our household's homework better.  I am the queen of procrastination and when I have a research paper due, I am constantly waiting until the last minute to write it!  The problem is, Mackenzie is following in her mother's footsteps.  I will NOT allow her to wait until the last minute to do her projects.  After almost a month of notice, we were still up late completing her Young Author's book the night before it was due.  I will not let my bad habits pass onto my children.

2.  I will discipline less and encourage more.  I love my children so much, but sometimes I feel like I don't show it.  I feel like I'm constantly telling them all of the things they're doing wrong, and not paying attention to their accomplishments. 

3.  I will work on my scrapbooks.  I keep adding to my scrapbook supply collection, but not one time in 2009 did I sit down to scrapbook!  How is that possible?  I take a million pictures, and have a million ideas for pages, but I can't seem to find time to sit down and put the pictures on paper.  The kids are both in school now, and I don't work on Fridays.  I WILL find time to scrapbook in 2010!!! 

4.  I will do more "family-centered" activities with the kids.  Whether it be family game night, cooking together, riding bikes, going to the park, or just watching movies together we WILL do more things as a family in 2010.  I'm only going to get one shot at spending as much time with my favorite girls at this age and I'm going to take advantage of every minute with them that I can get.  It won't be too long before they're wanting to head off to college and leave me with an empty house. 

5.  I will lose weight, eat right, and exercise in 2010.  Even though I feel like that's quite possibly the lamest resolution ever, I still feel like I need to include it.  I'm constantly creating excuses for why I don't have time to exercise or eat right.  The kids have practice every night, I have to work late one or two weeks a month, I'm tired, I'm crabby...the list goes on forever.  They're excuses and I know it.  I will no longer allow myself to wallow in self-pity.  The kids are always going to have after-school activities.  I have friends that have 4 kids in two activities each that still manage to cook dinner every night.  So why can't I?  One of my friends has 5 children and a husband that travels for work more than he's home, but she still finds time to run marathons!  What's my excuse for not hitting the gym when all I'm doing every night is sitting at the girls' cheerleading practice watching them practice? 

I'm sure I could add more, but right now that's all I could think of.  I've already started working out, and with the help of my own personal "Biggest Loser trainer" I will get back in shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment